Standup Solo will donate 10% of all registration fees to these awesome non-profits. We've chosen these organizations because the help make our waterways awesome in Central Oregon and/or they mentor our kids to become even more incredible!
What is the Summer 10 Barrel Solo Series?
The Summer 10 Barrel Solo Series is three unique low-key high-fun-factor asynchronous race events held over 4 weeks in and around Bend, OR. It includes mountain biking, trail running, and standup paddleboard (SUP) races. To learn more about the Solo Series, including how you can save over 45% off registration fees, click here.
What is Standup Solo?
Standup Solo is SIX super fun standup paddleboard races held over 4 weeks on the water in and around Bend, OR. Standup Solo enables you to race how you want, when you want, against real racers on real courses for position, awesome prizes, and unlockable perks.
You can do the courses whenever and as often as you want starting June 26 through July 23rd! The first time you've completed each course, you'll unlock awesome perks like a $5 pub coupon from 10 Barrel, 2-for-1 go karting at K1 Speed, and other local sponsors.
But wait there's more, every time you complete a course, you add another entry into a weekly raffle with killer prizes K1 Speed, Banana Phone, and other awesome sponsors.
All you need is a standup paddleboard and a GPS-enabled device like a Garmin, Apple Watch, or smart phone.
How does it work?
- You can register for all of the races or just one.
- You’re racing against other riders, just not necessarily at the same time.
- For each race, you’re welcome to do as many attempts as you'd like during the race window.
- Load each race course onto your device by downloading it from the race web page.
- The courses are loops. That means wherever you start on the course is your start/finish line. So you don’t need to start your activity tracker when you start your effort. Just roll on into the course. As soon as you are on-course, that’s your start line, and your finish line. Just make sure to paddle through where you started!
- Track your race attempts using your GPS-enabled activity tracker or smartphone.
- Sync efforts either by exporting a GPX file from your activity tracker or smartphone. You can also automatically sync using your Strava account.
- You must register for the race before paddling it to count for the standings (i.e. no paddling first and then registering).
- You must follow the published course closely. If you deviate from the course by 200 meters or more, your race attempt will be excluded from the rankings.
- Your fastest race attempt counts during the time window.
- Efforts must be submitted within 24 hours from the time the attempt has started.
- Login and track your progress on the race leaderboards and activity feed.
- The race series calculates scores for all efforts during the 4-week series timeframe. Awards will be presented for top finishers in each Gender and Category.
- Post photos and videos to the socials using #standupsolo #bendoregon #10barrel
Is this a “virtual” event?
Virtual events allow participants to ride anywhere regardless of terrain and difficulty. Standup Solo participants all have to race the same routes, roughly during the same time, but on your own schedule! In other words, you're paddling “with” or racing “against” other participants on the same course, just not necessarily at the same time.
- So. The first and BIGGEST difference. You're competing on the same course as everyone else. Only, you’re able to race it whenever and however many times you want. On your own! Each race takes place over the race window. Go as many times as you’d like to hit your best time.
- The second difference is the way the courses work. They’re loops. So wherever you first enter the course becomes your start finish line. That being said, our course maps start and end in a specific place. So you’ll need to edit them if you plan to start/finish somewhere else.
June 26 - July 23, 2022
Youth (under 13) race FREE. Use the code BENDKIDS!
(be sure to include the !)
Early Bird Pricing (before June 26)
- $90 for all 6 races in the series
- $20 for a single race
- $115 for all 6 races in the series
- $25 for a single race
- Racers must complete the courses during the race time frames
- Any GPS device that can sync to Strava or export GPX files can be used to submit your times.
- Race times must be submitted no more than 24 hours after that attempt has been started.
- Racers must follow the courses published (download the GPX to run it for turn-by-turn directions if your computer supports navigation directions)
- Racers MUST Follow all rules of the lake, river, waterway and social etiquette
- Pack it in pack it out (aka Leave no Trace)
- Be a S.H.A.R.K (Safe, Honest, Accountable, Responsible, Kind)
Nature Preserve Disclaimer - Please Note!
When participating in the races on the Deschutes River, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS (aka enter or exit) the river from the area on the north shore adjacent to Bend Whitewater Park (see picture below). This is a protected area. Further, please be respectful of the wildlife and plant life along the river. If we discover a violation, we will be required to disqualify you from the Series without refund.
Need help or want to contact us?
If you do need to contact us with any questions, thoughts, issues, or to share any epic photos/moments, please message us using the help bubble in the lower right corner on each page of this site.